Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Glorn's Famous Ganker I_vote_lcapGlorn's Famous Ganker I_voting_barGlorn's Famous Ganker I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Glorn's Famous Ganker I_vote_lcapGlorn's Famous Ganker I_voting_barGlorn's Famous Ganker I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Glorn's Famous Ganker

Go down 
+3
Bromancing_The_Venom
Niggonometry
Glorn2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Glorn's Famous Ganker Empty
PostSubject: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Necromancer (Works on any ranged hero with 22+ starting int)
Shockwave (Can be swapped out for tents)
Vortex
Poison Strike
Life Regen

Leveling:
Shockwave is your farmer, farm with it; main level it unless a strange situation comes up. The basis for this build is to be insnely flexible. If you opponent is mana intensive; get a lot of vortex. Generlly though, keep vortex at zero until the first duel has ended. 8% mana at the first duel wont do much; you are better off with the extra slow. Obviously, if you see that they have summons; put a few into vortex for the first duel. If your opponent is an AMS whore; get an ass ton of poison and vortex; stop leveling shockwave at 6 or so. Avatar you also do not need to level past 1, unless you decide you want to.

Why These Skills:
If you didnt get it from the above post... It is all about being flexible. This is a low mana build, and doesnt need a lot of mana to survive. you can run it on str, int, or agi. you can level the skills in any way, depending on your opponent. Poison makes sure you cannot be kited. Vortex takes all of their mana, and debuffs. When they are manaless, it comes down to auto attacks. Poison makes your auto attacks much better than theirs. Shockwve is a good farmer, and is a nice boost to dmg in duels: you can use whatever farmer works best for your hero though; tents works nice with poison. Ava is realllly nice with vortex; because you can use a low rank vortex and cast it 3 times before avatar is gone. this allows you to maxamize on your mana usage to cast shockwave with. It also allows you to keep a lower rank of vortex and still burn all of their mana before they get to cast on you.

Strengths/weaknesses:
This build is the ultimate counter to pretty much everything. It is amazingly strong early game; and that should carry over to mid game. It is a super aggressive ganker build that can level fast and straight up pvp like a champ. The weakness is if you are playing STR or AGI and you allow them to survive to late game. This is entirely your fault as a player if you allow this. the only build to ever beat this (and it was a close game with fats) was chaos knight with death pulse, AMS, and locust/death orb: cant remember which. I think evasion defensive. Pulse used to go through ava; MS countered my SW, death orb and locust hit through ava; and my vortex was useless, since he could cast all of his skills before I could vortex him; and then he was still agi against int late hame. Win by level 30, or you might not win!

How To Play:
Gank, gank a lot. Steal creeps, and gank. the creeps part is a little more important, but gank if you can. There is no excuse for why you would ever get killed before level 30. Stay equipped with potions and AMS potions; and gank.

Items:
Basic int items for this. Start with mystics cloak; then a tiara, upgrade tira, boots somewhere in there, thiefs mask, a cloak (depending on if you need WW or not), then the other cloak. Basic int gear; keep your DPS high and use potions to make up for a lack of HP.

Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:19 am

Damn Glorn, now i have to think of something different to use for the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 am

Lol, you were running this? Seems pretty tough for a slow leveling tourny. Pretty great that this build still works though.
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:39 am

No, i hadn't tried it yet but i did use a vortex build for the third round but i was trying to come up with a way to make it work better and I had something similar to this.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm

this is like... the instant classic. back in the day this was like the new dragon/acid build, EVERYONE was using it. great build glorn, and the fact that it still works is impressive to say the least
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:10 pm

When I first came out with this; no one was ever using vortex. I used to use this to test anyone who wanted into the clan, or grunt, or challenged me to a 1v1. In 2.0 alone, I won a good 200 games with this. By the time revolutions came out, it was easily 400. I think it was 3.1 when people really started using this build. Good players copied it sooner; but in 3.1 every pub and their cousin started using this.

Charge pointed out last night, when we were going through a lot of the old build posts, from 2.1 and 3.1... that really; builds havent changed much. A lot of the stuff done a year and a half ago, are still done today. Why is why I find it funny when old players who return, say the game is too hard to relearn. you can use only classic builds with classic items; and kick everyons ass if you know how to play the game. this build is the ultimate tribute to that.
Back to top Go down
silentlion
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:33 pm

So this really is a great build and I played a few pugs with it and each time won by level 26 with a few gank kills. But i was very surprised when I had a 1v1 against a (Warden? Im not too good with hero names but it was the Night Elf warden Character skin) and he rushed the Immortal Essence (+600 to each stat and +300% attack speed) and got it at ~level 22. Once he had that I was destroyed everytime. So a stat heavy build may be a valid counter? Or maybe it was just an OP melee that, like you said, once he gets strong enough you cannot beat it
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Well the whole point of the build is that they don't live till lategame.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Agility is usually the easiest to beat with gank builds, due to their lower HP and spell damage reduction. The item path your opponent took is pretty... terrible. Granted, for the price, the stats given are really good, better than anything else late game. If they werent going a normal agility item build though, then you should have outleveled the shit outta them.

Leveling well is a very important part of ganking builds. If you are a ganking build and not 2+ levels on your opponent, it is gonna be a rough game. Shockwave is a rough farmer, you gotta get good with it in order to hit 7.5 for first duel consistantly.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

I thought the whole point of the build was to use your head. Agility = 1-2 spell wonder they obviously dont give 2 shits about vortex once they got their items. Level shock wave and poison heavy against that. Who the fuck farms straight immortal essence? Any noob knows your supposed to fill your inventory with ulty orbs sell those for magic essences and then buy immortal essences L2P scrubs.
Back to top Go down
silentlion
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Haha ugh now IDK how i lost. I was always a few levels ahead and beat him easily every time but when he got the Immortals Essence, it went downhill.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Just keep practicing. There are no "best builds" in this game, only "best players". It is taking advantage of situations, and learning counters and all that that really makes a build great.
Back to top Go down
fmdragon
Average Player
Average Player
fmdragon

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:47 pm

i do know that your vortex build can counter the build u posted here and that if a agi hero gets speed demon and WW then the shock wave build doesnt work out any ways so in the end if u got a build that u know can counter like have this build it might work depending on your items.

HERO: Illidan (speed demon)

OFFENCIVE: get a (crit or a stun) so they dont got time to suck your mana.
DEFF: i would have to get (vortex or a diff stun) *dont know if vort is deff or offencive.
Inter: (life bonus or regin, or even stats) i keep my options open just incase some one may know what your getting.
PASSIVE: must be (unholy or endurance) they give a speed bonus and one gives extra life regin that stacks and the other gives speed in movement and attack *great for staying alive or maxing out ur attack speed early.
ULT: get (rencarnation, ava, or the bugs) recarnation for the fact well he has to kill you again. AVA for spell reduction bonus armor, hp and dmg. the bugs for one it STEALS their life and gives it to you/ part of it, and it kills all summons when used.

ITEMS: early game get assassin gear, boots, an AMS pot (best you can), a hp pot (same) and get ether WW item so u can back off and get ur life back do to the regins.

MID GAME: get both agi rings, (speed demon and mastery ring) get septer ASAP only IF U NEED it other wise u wasten money, get spiked glvoes for 45-60% spell reduction, and a big hp pot if u can (best one)

LATE game: get the avangers gear thats maxed so u get 4k life and heal 3k ITS WORTH IT, you should have the +300 agi item by this time too, septer if u like the agi str and int on it, and get what ever wep u want i take the staff just for the fast stun on the agi hero cuz of uber fast attack speed.

MAIN lvl ur stun or crit if u have it. OFF lvl the passive u will need it, after first duel main lvl the passive off lvl ur other skill and lvl ult ASAP when needed. it should give spell casters a hard time and the only thing u have to worry about is Glorn is hes in there or a nother pro int player who knows how to counter.

PS. i know theres no farm skill thats only because the auto attack should be ur farm mostly if u got enduance aura. if not ur offencive should be flame if ur agi hero can take it or switch a skill with a summon so u have a mini army to help u out. i would go with skelly, or the ward just for the fact the auras and CHAOS dmg 100% full dmg passes armor too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/danlowthewild
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glorn's Famous Ganker   Glorn's Famous Ganker Empty

Back to top Go down

Glorn's Famous Ganker
Page 1 of 1