Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Shankz's Build Thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Shankz's Build Thread I_vote_lcapShankz's Build Thread I_voting_barShankz's Build Thread I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Shankz's Build Thread I_vote_lcapShankz's Build Thread I_voting_barShankz's Build Thread I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Shankz's Build Thread

Go down 
+6
Pissonmyhands
Wrathtoruin
epicpowda11
Sharky
Glorn2
Shankz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

Shankz's Build Thread Empty
PostSubject: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Since a few people have there own build threads i thought id start my own as well o.o
note; I havent played all these builds yet so ill put an item order up when i try em all out im just postin them here 1st for feedback and well im bored xD

Huntress
Monsoon - a decent farmer, that can do some massive damage early due to hitting through ams.
Windwalk - helpful anti gank, gank, and even channel monsoon and tranq all in one skill.
Restore Mana / AMS - I usually only grab ams when i see an int, however my game with wrath tonight taught me grabbing it more often then not may be better lol, restore mana allows you to farm faster.
Adreneline Rush - Help you get an edge in attack speed on you opponet.
Tranquility - Its like a fricken large pot on a skill! why not lol also tranq + ww = free heal Very Happy

Frost Demon
Breath of Fire - Decent farming thats cheap on mana; only level to 5 or 6.
Unholy Aura - Nice regen rate plus helpful in team games.
Unholy Frenzy - Main level this after breat of fire is 6, this will allow you to focus on str and armor rather attack speed.
Mana Regen Innate - this will help you with farming until u get unholy frenzy.
Reincarnation - I rlly didnt know what else to put on this build so im open for suggestions here xD.

Naga Thief
Storm Bolt - High stun duration helpful in many ways.
Windwalk - sound familiar? read above; only put 1 or 2 points in here.
Acid Rain - farm.
Mana Regen Innate - Naga thief isnt really high in mana nor has a huge stat gain in mana so this will help with low mana and stuff.
Foul Earth - pretty much the same concept as tranq above, however use storm bolt to keep them in place n if they get unstunned and charge u cast ww.

Troll
Frost Fall - Easy to use farm skill.
Static shock - more farm and burn through ams pots; only level to 5 or 6.
Restore Mana - Just so you dont run out of mana Wink
Life Regen Innate - Seems like we could use this with troll being int.
Star Fall - Extreme farm and damages through ams.

Clan Leader
Breath of Fire - cheap mana farming skill; level to 5 or 6
Devotion Aura - Who couldnt use this armor?
Endurance Aura - Helpful move and attack speed bonus.( with armor and speed covered you can focus mainly on str and mana.)
Life Regen - Got just about all the other bases covered.
Elemental Mastery - EM + End aura = Massive farming.

Ranger
Frost Fall - as said above easy to use farming skill with low mana cost.
Slow Ward? - It can help with ganking and even creep killing. ( i havent completely decided this though so up for suggestons here aswell.)
Poison Strike - Slow can help with ganking and kiting if needed.
Sprint - Extra move speed early game.
Whirl Pool - I normally would use roots but lately roots have been easily countered n stuff so i thought id try this.

Storm
Corrupt Flesh - kill opponets easier and bosses including yiff.
Static Shock - Farming level to 5 or 6.
Endurance Aura - The more you can hit them while they're low armored the better.
Life Regen - Storm is an agi hero so life regen can be very helpful.
Elemental Mastery - Farming is rlly the only this this build lacks, so elemental mastery works good becuase like said above EM = End aura - massive. xD

So yeah theres more to come but until then enjoy these ones. comments questions asshole remarks all welcome below Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Honestly, I am just getting tired of all these farmer+mana restore builds. What power do you have if you have 3 farming skills and windwalk? Sure, this is how piss plays, and has outleveled you. everyone good has used this; and prolly beaten you. That doesnt make it a good build concept though. What if your opponent has mana burn? GG... AMS? gg... avatar? gg... vortex, gg... consume... gg... silent night... gg... heals... gg... the ability to level... gg...

You should really only be getting mana restore if it will work with your build in some way other than "eye kan cast farms 'gain"

AMS potion, Light orb, Truesight. 3000G, and your entire build is countered.

I skipped the other half of your list, because some of those are worth discussing, and I dont have the time right now, but will get around to each of them as need be.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:47 am

Just a little tip mana regen only benefits those with large intell gains and above normal mana regeneration already. So basically intelligence heroes only skill or maybe on a hero with above 3 intelligence gain a level.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah i played with wrath and stomp today using a few of those. it seems the huntress build played the worst but all in all i think my fav so far is the clan leader.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:41 am

Well, I'm going to start with a disclaimer because 9/10 times I type up these critiques I get bitched at for being an asshole. So I'm going to tell you whats wrong with these, not to make you seem shitty, but to tell you, welll how your going to get destroyed and what you need to fix, and things to watch out for. If you don't want to see this, don't read it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huntress
Monsoon - a decent farmer, that can do some massive damage early due to hitting through ams.

- Monsoon can be pretty deadly, fairly mana intensive to run on agility though, can work can not. Personally, like Glorn, I am not a fan of running restore mana to support a farm skill. To me, it's really a waste of a skill when you could be using AMS, Darkness, or many other more useful skills here. A Crown of Ages will provide enough regeneration a vast majority of the time to support most farm skills, if it can't then don't use that farm skill with that hero. Plain and simple. I would suggest something a little less mana intensive, but hey Monsoon could work. Careful when using this though, its great for first duel or two, but a wind walk item counters this.

Windwalk - helpful anti gank, gank, and even channel monsoon and tranq all in one skill.

- Not a fan of windwalk at all unless your going some sneaky ninja gank build. As Glorn said above, gem of true sight ruins this ability for 1k gold. Even if they don't grab it it still isn't much of a skill; ask Piss about all the times he's tried to Wind Walk me. The one person I've seen to pull this off mediocrily well was HLWG, and to be honest that was just because I was to stoned and lazy to get truesight. My personal opinion, don't use Wind Walk in serious matches. Plus, with intel and ring you get a free item WW, and that of which these items are staples to their respective class, if your not getting Cloak of the Hidden or Mastery of the Ring playing these, well your item build sucks...

Restore Mana / AMS - I usually only grab ams when i see an int, however my game with wrath tonight taught me grabbing it more often then not may be better lol, restore mana allows you to farm faster.

Use AMS, not Restore. As I said above, Crown of Agees is a beauty all hero item. +16 All Stats, Damage Reduc and enough mana regen to run pretty much anything you'll need. AMS will serve you better in any game than restore mana will.

Adreneline Rush - Help you get an edge in attack speed on you opponet.

Don't use AR on a agility hero, it's just silly. Why? Agility maxes out their attack speed FAR faster than any other class. And this isn't something you can get around, you NEED agi for damage because its your main stat, thus your passive innately becomes useless after early game. IMO Adrenaline rush should be used for characters of Intel or STR that are skipping AGI completely and just maxing out damage, OR early game pulverize farmers. Since you are neither, swap this for something more effective. Life Regen, Bonus Health, Abolish, Bonus Armour, hell even Mana regen will help you far more than this.

Tranquility - Its like a fricken large pot on a skill! why not lol also tranq + ww = free heal

-This can be useful for team games, don't get me wrong. But your an agi character, thus your main purpose more or less is DPS. Taking yourself out of the DPS role to play healer can put your team into peril. Tranquil furthermore could be useful in 1v1, but with True sight or WW + Tranquil combo becomes useless. And sure, you could get a heal off, but if your opponent has any sort of stun/interrupt or is even clever enough to grab bombs your left with no ultimate. It works well in team games because generally the more players, the more confusion. when they are focussing on not dieing from 2 other people they are more likely to not notice you slip away somewhere and toss a tranq.

Personally, I deem this build not very sufficient and needs heavy remodelling. This could work better on Intel for a hardcore team support build. Switch WW for Holy Light and use AMS instead of Restore and you got one hell of a support build. As you should be getting Cloak of the Hidden early, this will give you protection while channeling Tranq and Monsoon, which can respectively do very well in a 3v3. AMS will keep you and your team alive, and 2 heals if you have two good team mates can rape all hell if you can properly kite the opposing team off of you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frost Demon - This is the strength guy right? Can't quite remember but I'm going to assume that he is.

Breath of Fire - Decent farming thats cheap on mana; only level to 5 or 6.

isn't to shabby, not my favourite though, but thats mostly out of personal experience of not being able to keep up farming with it in serious matches. If I were playing this I'd switch up to shockwave, or maybe even Frostfall. Just my opinion though, BoF can do fine. I would level it past level 5 though or your going to get massively out farmed mid game on account of you have nothing else but auto attack and a weak farming skill thats low leveled. If your opponent has a strong farmer and/or a farming ult you'll find your self left behind.

Unholy Aura - Nice regen rate plus helpful in team games.

Personally love unholy aura, probably one of the most underated skills in the game. Actually, this skill alone caused me to lose the tournament. I would be focussing on this as opposed to Unholy frenzy. Just to note, when using unholy, make sure your stacking life regeneration items, which since your playing strength come fairly easy.

Unholy Frenzy - Main level this after breat of fire is 6, this will allow you to focus on str and armor rather attack speed.

Not a bad idea since your hero is slow attacking, keep in mind though that you will still need to focus on attack speed though. Why? Because this increases by a percent, when you increase nothing by 50% your not really gaining anything, but your increasing average by 50% you gain a lot more. Furthermore, by still getting some agility items on this you can focus a lot more on unholy aura, which in turn will help you out much more than Frenzy. Although I like the idea of pairing frenzy with aura because it counteracts the HP lost. Getting AGI with a strength build isn't to hard, just remember to get some or this skill becomes irrelevant.

Mana Regen Innate - this will help you with farming until u get unholy frenzy.

Your using the cheapest farming skill in the game, there is no need for Mana Regen IMO, again, look at the crown of ages, hell Tiara will probably even pull your through. Early Mid Game + you should have items that will add enough mana to farm, (Rod of Might, Sceptre, etc). Use Life Regen, it stacks with Unholy for extra ass kicking.

Reincarnation - I rlly didnt know what else to put on this build so im open for suggestions here xD.

Reincarnation is good, although it doesn't pick up momentum till late game. Holy Armour is something you should test it, it synergizes nicely with STR's lifesteal and life regen builds. A farming ult is something else you should look at because of the lack of farming power you currently have; this is especially true if you were to use this in a 1v1.

This could solid build late game, the only problem I see with it is if you would make it that far. It would work not to made in a 3v3 because of unholy aura, and the lack of a shat load of creeps will fix your farming issue. As I said, get agility so you can off level unholy frenzy, focus more on Unholy Aura and pump a couple extra into BoF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naga Thief
Storm Bolt - High stun duration helpful in many ways.

Personally, after much testing with both and especially on melee hero's, I'm a much bigger fan of Dragonpunch. Its cheaper on mana, does more damage and stuns for just as long. The only difference is the lack of range. It's a personal preference thing, but Dragon Punch's DPS is out of this world. Ask Piss about when I used this in our tourny match. It one shotted his AMS skill consistently. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Windwalk - sound familiar? read above; only put 1 or 2 points in here.

I've already stated why I don't like windwalk. Personally, I think something like ... Divine Shield would serve you much better in this build. It'll give you time in between the cooldowns for you to effectively keep them in a damage lock. Stun them, stun wears off you become invincible then you can stun again shortly after and repeat the process, if you want to see how this works, ask piss for the Replay of our tourny match.

Acid Rain - farm.

I love acid as a farmer, learn to use it well and lessen the luck side of this. If you have a farm ult level to level 5, if not to lvel 6-7. @ Level 5 the duration of this drops hugely, thus your DPS drops hugely, but 6 and 7 increase the duration and drastically increase your DPS. With a farm ULT you can sacrifice this, but I don't suggest it without one.

Mana Regen Innate - Naga thief isnt really high in mana nor has a huge stat gain in mana so this will help with low mana and stuff.

This is one time I'll agree to use Mana Regen, as you have a few mana intensive skills.

Foul Earth - pretty much the same concept as tranq above, however use storm bolt to keep them in place n if they get unstunned and charge u cast ww.

After wreaking havoc with the other ult's, I've come to the conclusion that Star Fall and Wrath of Hell are much better ults, unless we are talking about End game. Furthermore, this is a team skill in my opinion; again in late game. The % damage, doesn't even touch the amount of damage that starfall or WoH will do. In a tourny match piss casted FE on me while I was channeling starfall, i did nearly twice the damage I believe. WoH in Early - Mid can almost one shot most intel builds, when piss posts the matches from me and Tuus you can see what I mean. Foul Earth is great shit when your opponent has 20k HP, not so much when he has less then 8-10 though. And personally, I dislike End Game, so I don't suggest it.

This build isn't to shabby, I gave you hints on how to improve and fix, I can't go into to much more detail or I would just be reiterating my stun build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Troll
Frost Fall - Easy to use farm skill.
Static shock - more farm and burn through ams pots; only level to 5 or 6.
Restore Mana - Just so you dont run out of mana
Life Regen Innate - Seems like we could use this with troll being int.
Star Fall - Extreme farm and damages through ams.

Not going to dissect this to much. Why? Because its a triple farm build that in all realism is countered ridiculously easy. If they has ... Mana Flare (Yourt extremely fucked) Consume, AMS, Vortex, Mana Burn, Avatar, Soulburn, Beffudle .... blah blah blah blah yourn fucked. Your only hope is outfarming them ,and well quite frankly, I'll bet you whatever that I can keep up to this and even possibly outfarm it with Acid Rain and Mastery / Any other farm ult. If you use this in a 1v1 game, you have no mid, or late game. So you better gank like hell and win extremely fast because if they happen to keep up with you a bit, your fucked, if they have any sort of anti caster your toast. In a team game you simply do not have enough creeps to be able to waste 3 skills on farming. And again, with just Frost Fall and Starfall on Intel there is no reason whatsoever to get restore mana, you have mana regen and mana stacking coming out of your ass as it is; plain and simple its overkill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clan Leader
Breath of Fire - cheap mana farming skill; level to 5 or 6

Again, I have nothing against BoF, just a personal thing of mine that I don't use it, but if it works, fantastic. This will actually work not to bad because you have mastery, you pretty much just need this for getting to 8 and then some bonus damage ontop of that.

Devotion Aura - Who couldnt use this armor?

Devotion is good, although if you rip this in a team game switch to Spiked Armour or Frost Armour. I think that logic is simple, Devotion gives less because its an aura that is shared by team, without team you want something thats going to give you more armour.

Endurance Aura - Helpful move and attack speed bonus.( with armor and speed covered you can focus mainly on str and mana.)

Endurance is good, especially on a slow ass hero such as this. And synergizes well with Mastery.

Life Regen - Got just about all the other bases covered.

Good Show, will stack with the life regen items you should be getting with strength and synergizes well with the high armour.

Elemental Mastery - EM + End aura = Massive farming.

Mastery is good, well I personally love it.

This is probably one of your more well rounded good for a lot of situations builds. Would work well in a team game because of the auras. Me and you will have to run this a few times to get it up to tops. The only problems I see with it is if you were to get kited, endurance does provide some anti kite, but it can still fuck you up. Although, thats a risk we all run when playing mellee. Just knoiw how to get around this and it should work not to shabby
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranger
Frost Fall - as said above easy to use farming skill with low mana cost.

Decent farm skill, correlates decently with your mana pool. You seem to be good with farming with FF, so carry on.

Slow Ward? - It can help with ganking and even creep killing. ( i havent completely decided this though so up for suggestons here aswell.)

Slow ward will work for this IF your playing mellee and your clever with casting it. Ranged, it'll get shot down in less the 5 seconds.

Poison Strike - Slow can help with ganking and kiting if needed.

- Not to bad, can do well, make sure your pumping points into this to make it work your while. The move speed isn't particularly important in a lot of situations ... it's the attack speed.

Sprint - Extra move speed early game.

- Use if your ganking or planning on kiting, if not use something else.

Whirl Pool - I normally would use roots but lately roots have been easily countered n stuff so i thought id try this.

- Good choice on switching from roots, roots become useless after early game, or unless your playing pubs. Whirlpool isn't bad this this, itll function with your kiting system, as you can cast and run away and give you some extra farming support.

This isn't a bad build if you want to kite, personally I'd switch out slow ward for something more defensive, bonus armour/divine shield/ maybe even mana flare for anti caster. Getting nuked is going to be an issue for you because AGI doesn't get reduc till late, and you have no reduc skill. They cast to stop of you from kiting them get nuked from flare. Slow Poison + Stone + Elusive -> totemic -> speed set will be more than enough slow and ms to kite with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storm
Corrupt Flesh - kill opponets easier and bosses including yiff.

- CF is beautiful, but not in this build. Why? Its countered not only by WW (anti countered by truesight fyi), Divine Shield, Avatar, Kiting and a Lightning Shield. Now the way you get around the lightning shield issue is by having another spell to cast on them before you hit CF. But the rest is passive, thus your CF will get blocked. Although, Mastery could do this.... not sure something Glorn will have to answer or we will have to test. Bu careful with CF, as absolute rape as it is, it can be beat fairly easily if you opponent knows how to. This was my go to spell for a very long time, I quickly learned after joining BN that this was a lot weaker than I thought.

Static Shock - Farming level to 5 or 6.

Storm Panda plain and simple can not farm with SS alone. Only characters that should be doing this are passive strength guys, like Arthas, that can sit there an take 2-4 creep spawn beating. You'll get destroyed by anyone that has a decent farming spell, especially since your losing 10% to mastery on top of this. Static shock could be a decent complementary farmer in many cases, but almost never as a main skill. % Chance + having to constanty take damage for it to work will put your drastically behind people using point and click ones such as FF/Shockwave/Flamestrike etc.
Furthermore for early game you have a 15% and 20% (Cloak of Fox / Elusive Cloak) That you get early and mid game. This is worth 3 - 6 levels in your skill, and their items you get regardless, if you don't start.

Endurance Aura - The more you can hit them while they're low armored the better.

Endurance Aura on a Agility hero is silly for the same reasons I posted for Adrenaline Rush ... Since you need a farmer for this switch this to Acid Rain.

Life Regen - Storm is an agi hero so life regen can be very helpful.

If your using Mastery with agility, put Bonus Health on here.

Elemental Mastery - Farming is rlly the only this this build lacks, so elemental mastery works good becuase like said above EM = End aura - massive. xD

Endurance Aura is irrelevant on Agility as I've already stated. By the time you get End aura high enough your agility will innately max out your attack speed anyways. Waste of a skill IMO, Mastery isn't bad, rapes shit on Ranged AGI. However if you keep SS you'll be at triple farmer (You do need to switch End for Acid Rain either way.) Here you need to decide if you would rather have a CF + Defensive + Acid + Mastery or CF + Static + Acid + Slow/Holding Ult (Death Orb / Whirlpool would be my suggestions)

Not to bad, I used to run this with the said above. Becareful, it's a massive glass canon, if its not countered you 7 shot people if it is countered you get 7 shotted. I think I made a post on how to play this called Epics Gamble Build a few months ago. Check it out, its crucial with this build that you get extremely fast and good with AGI item builds...
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah thanks for all that epic o.o
ill take what u said into consideration Razz
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Ya, I finished the other 2-3, if you want I can help you with the items in order to maximize these.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:11 pm

yeah thatd be sweet gimme a wsp next time ur on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm

thought of a few more Very Happy..

Pit Lard
Breath of Fire - Cheap on mana and ok on farming, idk i might switch this too frost fall.
Unholy Aura - Yay for Hp regen.
Consume - Steal opponets health and take some of thier mana.
Life Regen Innate - Yay for more Hp regen.
Holy Armor - Yes this is a hp regen build.

Space Orc
Shockwave - Considered one of the best farmers.
Hex - Disabler.
Restore Mana - this will be useful.
Life Regen - yay for hp regen.
Terraptus - this will allow you to switch ur hp n mp back in forth with restore mana u almost have unlimited hp o.o.

The Gnoll battle mage thingy
Chain lightning - a both farming and pvp skill.
Evasion - Help you against fast attacking tanks o.o
Restore Mana - You'll see what this is for.
Life Regen - Ya could use this.
Mana Explosion - Boom yeah aka Will of God. can do massive damage only downfall is losin all ur mana? zap restore mana to the rescue.

Kinda perfected the corrupt flesh build form earlier...
Dark Ranger
Corrupt Flesh - yeah?
Hex - Disable.
Acid Rain - Farrrrmm and mini stuns Very Happy
Life bonus - Dark Ranger doesnt have very much hp as it is so..
Whirl Pool - ive learned is much better then roots o.o

Furblog thing (agi)
Life Drain - for them lil hp types.
Hex - Disablle for life drain.
Acid Rain - to farm.
Life Regen - Yay for more.
Death Orb - Massive damage n stun.

yeah keep the feed back coming, thanks

Note: sorry glorn for the double post Sad
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Pit lard: Swap Breath of fire for pulverize
Space Orc: is good
Gnoll Battle Mage: Swap Evasion For either Hex or Befuddle
Dark Ranger needs more mana to use its skills
Furblog Same thing it needs more mana to support its skills
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Ditch mana restore on the mana explosion build complete waste of a skill point. Think about it what item are you going to get in order for explosion to do decent damage. Shell of the Mana Godess leading to Immortals shoulders now think about it will it take very long to regen the mana to use your nuke every time its cooled down? Its not like explosion has a 10 second cool down where you would need mana restore. Seriously you could of had a disable or possibly banish and made your explosion have more of an impact. Besides which with the new +300% absorb mana item your definately are not going to need mana restore on that build.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

That and Silent night will do the same amount of damage Explosion will for no mana instead of al lyour mana lol
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 pm

actually u get 2 shell of mana godess's and mana explosion will do more then the lvl 5 silent night at level 3.

mana restore is just there so i dont get left suck dry.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 am

i agree w/ sharky and epic. rm w/ explosion is just uhh.... u better be aggressive is all i'm sayin. b/c theres no reason to use sucha skill combination like that unless ur practically farming their side :/ i would just go w/ another support skill. try bonus attribute it'll give u a small increase in mana pool and make u a larger threat when u auto attack.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Quote :

Not a bad idea since your hero is slow attacking, keep in mind though that you will still need to focus on attack speed though. Why? Because this increases by a percent, when you increase nothing by 50% your not really gaining anything, but your increasing average by 50% you gain a lot more. Furthermore, by still getting some agility items on this you can focus a lot more on unholy aura, which in turn will help you out much more than Frenzy. Although I like the idea of pairing frenzy with aura because it counteracts the HP lost. Getting AGI with a strength build isn't to hard, just remember to get some or this skill becomes irrelevant.

i didn't wanna read all of epic's post

for 2 reasons

a) i got bored jesus christ are u publishing a paper

b) i found an error

c) i wanted to tell epic he is a butt face

d) i want to go eat dinner

but ok this statement above is false, the "percent increase" isnt' really a percent increase based on stats, its based only on your base attack of 100%... the effects of adding agi doesn't get amplified. in face i woudlnt' recomend getting agi for the most part, unholy frenzy is all you need focus damage and one shot people
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:04 am

cept if ur opponent is smart he just picks up a any kinda purge and ur attackspeed drops to an astounding zero again Very Happy granted ur farming wont be impaired but in duels try and have something to supplement this vulnerability
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 am

mostly likely, but by the time they pick up a purge, you will have enough agi anyway from other items it won't matter unless they are getting a slow build
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

A few new one i made up in the car today...

Space Orc
Frost Fall - Good farming skill with low mana cost.
Mana Vortex - works as a debuff and drains opponets mana.
Restore Mana - Help increase farming speed, also recover from when vortex hurts you.
Life Regen Innate - Do i have to say it? xD
Starfall - Farming and pvp ult. (hint: if u can, hold off on using this in duels and when duel is over rush over to ur opponets side and take thier mid with it. If you cant well then u cant lol)

Banshee
Breath of Fire - Ok farming skill lvl to about 5-6.
Unholy Aura - Banshee isnt veyr strong this will help it live longer.
Mana Regeneration Aura - Stacks brilliance aura o.o did u kno that?
Life Bonus Innate - As stated above banshee isnt very strong more life the better.
Mana Shield/Mana Explosion - Havent decided between the two probally mana shield will work better.

Skeleton Archer
Shockwave - Farming thats easy on the mana.
Hex - Disabler/ stun
Poison Strike - Skeley's high range + this = probally very good eh?
Life Regen Innate/ Adrenline Rush - Not rlly sure on the two...Life regen is good but i think the increased attack speed would be more helpful..idk
Volcano - Farming and pvp. does high damage and hits through windwalk.

Ranger
Breath of Fire - CHeap farming lvl to about 5-6 or til u can autoattack.
Shadow Strike - pretty good dps also slows opponet decently.
Mana Burn - Screws over them people who only carry enough mana to supply thier farming.
Mana Regen Innate - This build is somewhat mana intensive so..
???- Any ideas on this ultimate?? i got nothing.

Naga Thief
Flame Strike - Good farming and dps.
Absorb Mana - Steal opponets mana or even borrow an allys mana.
Darkness - keep pumpin points into this..it can be veeerrryyy deadly later levels.
Life Regen Innate - To reduce squishyness of naga.
Death Orb - Good damage use with flame strike and burn ur opponet down.

Yay lets see some comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 am

Bump comments? o.o
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 am

These look okay although I would say your ranger is the weakest of the ones listed. I can't put my finger on it but something doesn't click right. Maybe switch mana burn for poison sting and pick up element mastery. Try that out and see if your ranger build runs more smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:15 am

space orc build:
should work; i have been running the same thing, but unholy defensive for... a long time now. Hasnt lost for me yet. vortex is a nice sub for unholy.

Banshee build:
Swap out mana regen aura for restore mana, unless it is a bigger game. Overall, mana restore heals much more mana than the aura does, for a single person. As with all auras; mana restore aura is intended to help an entire team; 3+ people. If you got 3 people in a game, who need some extra mana, then get the aura. It is especially good in CTF, KOTH, and TB modes. But for the sake of you playing a build to its prime; stick with restore mana.

Skelly:
Swap out SW for tents, and tell me how you like it. On ranged str and agi i have been using tents a lot; and it holds up much better than SW. Works amazingly well with the poison also; takes your opponent a while to outrange them.

Ranger:
Too mana intensive; and all earlier game skills. On a high-int hero this would be alright; but ranged AGI with bad cast times? Def. swap out shadow strike for something passive, or close to passive. Slow ward with a passive misc would work. 3 spells on a low mana, slow casting hero is just painful though.

Naga:
Mediocre, but I have no objections to it.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 pm

looking at all of these builds... idk... most of them are decent, having a farmer and some way to tank/ do dps but as glorn says..... mediocre. These are the sorts of things you would get in random and say: oh, not to bad. You really need to rely on good skill combos instead of thinking of random skills. Occasionally you stumble across something very good, but its mainly things that have already been perfected by a different player. Your skelyl archer build for instance... swap shockwave for tentacles and thats what yeti played vs me in the tourny before i was disqualified for inactivity. and for most of your mana/hp regen builds, like that banshee one, dont get mana explosion, get terraptus or maybe mana sheild
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Really, if you want a new "unique" build; rather than, as venom said "things you would get in a random, and be happy about" you really have to go out on a limb. Once there, you have to actually use said "limb build" a few times to perfect it. Me and yeti have come up with 4-5 "new" builds in the past month. There are always new builds to come up with; but you need to prove that they can work. Some things work great, but on paper, might not come together well. Some things on paper will come together well; but you will try it and lose, and cross it off.

Pick a skill and base a build around that skill. Or, even a skill idea.

"Mana Burn"
1) Okay, I will still need a farming skill; so I will want a hero with 25+ starting int, and a 3+ int gain. I will use an offensive farming skill.
2) I can go str, agi, or int. On int I will level the farming skill to 15; on str and agi, i should stop at 5-6 and main level mana burn plus my defensive.
3) If Int, I want a defensive that only needs a couple of points to be strong. Cripple, Slow ward (maybe), divine shield, befuddle, terrify. If agi or STR I want a mid/late game defensive, maybe spikes, unholy, holy light, hex, or any of the ones listed for int.
4) What ult would work great with mana burn? Avatar would allow me to burn them 3-4 times before they could cast on me. Whirlpool deals great damage, and allows me to burn them twice. Ele mastery will break AMS, allowing more spell dmg, combined with my farmer and mana burn; it also has mana burn on it. Silent night would work great on a lower mana build, combined with dmg from mana burn. Reinc is always good...

ect, ect. Right there are a dozen different build ideas based around the same concept of using mana burn. Your first attempt might suck. You have a dozen builds to pick from; by the time you try each one, you will find that each one is valid if you play it correctly; and your opponent doesnt have a hard counter to you. Learning to play it very well is the key to it being a very good build.
Back to top Go down
FeniXx
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
FeniXx

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

wow it helps a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Yeah thanks guys ill put all of that into consideration Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Build Thread   Shankz's Build Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Shankz's Build Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next