Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Decision on SCII CHA EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Decision on SCII CHA EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Decision on SCII CHA EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Decision on SCII CHA EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Decision on SCII CHA I_vote_lcapDecision on SCII CHA I_voting_barDecision on SCII CHA I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Decision on SCII CHA I_vote_lcapDecision on SCII CHA I_voting_barDecision on SCII CHA I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Decision on SCII CHA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Decision on SCII CHA Empty
PostSubject: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139745

I spent a few hours looking up info on the current SCII system, and, well... That site sums up all of the reasons that I decided against it.

For those of you who dont wanna read that wall of text here is the basics:

You cannot host games, you submit them to B-net to be hosted. However, only the top 50 most popular maps are hosted.
Any time someone submits a map, the can set the name, and it says they are the creator of the map. This causes 40 versions of DOTA with various names and author names to be in the top 50 hosted by B-net.
No social anything. Just a game list, and a few games.
No map protection

^^So, we cant all get together as a clan and play games, easily. We cannot play many games unless we can beat out 40 versions of DOTA in popularity. There is no "gather" of people. Every edit will be rehosted, after someone ads their own little changes. "Timmy has 4000 damage in this edit!" "I press 'Q' and everything explodes in this edit!"

I would rather take a shit in my hat that do that Sad

Shame too, because the editor itself is pretty kick ass. Like, 10X better than WC3.

However, there are rumors of a 2012-2013 release of WC4, which will be based around the SCII engine. So, we can all hope that by then, they stop failing so hard; and we can have a decent game to play.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Or... OR ... When Diablo 3 comes out we can transfer the clan and own at that.. Just saying. Because Diablo 3 is going to be legendary .... Even though you can't go custom, they included an arena. Yes! a Diablo arena, it looks beyond sick on the teaser videos.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 pm

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160

A group of people over the net got a bit upset blizzard didnt make a wc4 so they got together n began to create their own! Progress looks pretty consisitant n what not idk check it out.. however im not sure how its gona work out legal isssues n shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm

If that actually took off, Blizzard would huff and puff and blow the project down.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

that is actually really old too. blizzard has already semi-announced that they wanna have WC4 ready in 2012-2013. which means, they prolly have a big room full of empty computers, in preparation. In early 2014, they will start work on it. By 2016, they will have a beta release of WoW16: hemeroid cream of doom; where you max out at level 247, and the entire map looks oddly like the extreme close up of rosie odonnells ass. Only after that is released, will blizzcon show screen shots of the 6 units created for WC4; which will not make it into the final edit of the map, cuz their graphics are OP.

But trust me, they are working on it!
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:14 pm

basically right now there is no interaction w/i the game other than playing. blizzard is going to be creating chat rooms clans ect in the next few patches but if the map protection bothers you i understand... thats kinda rough
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Considering that, to my knowledge, CHA has been cracked open and had cheats added to it 8 times; and rehosted as the same edit... I just feel that allowing anyone to do that without having to go through the annoying process of deprotecting a map will cause the forced balance of CHA to be thrown out the window so pubs can go full passive builds again and auto attack everything to death. cheats are obnoxious, but making a game inbalanced is a lot trickier to straight up say "fuck you"

seriously, maybe not right now; but how many of you in the past have though, "Jesus, I wish I could change this thing, to make this guy much better" or, "I wish this item was much cheaper" or "I wish This hero had 450 move speed"

That is what lab did... He edited things and didnt change the descriptions of them, causing unknown inbalances, which were quickly found out after a few months of people using the OP things.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:07 am

to be honest i believe the creative nature of this game has the ability to make the blizzard spotlight on battlenet if moved to starcraft II... just so u know
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am

Honestly I don't think Lab is guilty of half the things people claim I think they were that way before he even started editing the map. I knew Lab or well thought I used to know him and cheating isn't his style if you said iron or sidewinder I would have believed you. The only thing Lab was guilty of is putting a lot of useless gimmicky icons to kiss his friends asses. Lab was a lazy editor not a cheater. Still though as much as I would love to see cha on starcraft I just don't think it would be the same as this one. Besides the temptation to add a secret imbalance is a pretty strong one. Take Custom Hero Arena Revamped 2.5 for example the creator put a code that only worked for him in it.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 am

why would you put it on starcraft I the ai was absolutely worst thing ever. the point about lab is mute but to be honest i dont care either. have you looked at the editor tool glorn b/c i could send you a copy of it along w/ my downloadable version. you can dl it from anyone but you just need an account to PLAY. which means i think... you dont need a registered code to start looking at the editor.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:53 am

I have a copy of the game, which cannot be used online. Havent looked at it yet.

Again though, with everyone and their cousin able to tweak the map in their own way and put their name on it... What is the point of trying to make a map? It has already happened to DOTA over there.

On the note of lab: You could argue that some imbalanced he made were accidental, and he never updated the tooltips to reflect them. About 1/2 of the heroes in the game had stats not shown on their tooltips. A few skills were off. Lets put all of that on laziness. What about in 5.4, where picking up a fire orb gave you gold? There is no accidental way to do that, with the ~40 gold you got from doing it. The only way it could have been done is from a trigger coded to do so. that was the 1 thing that changed my opinion about him.

Back to SCII: Mapmaking is a type of art. When I started making CHA, and CHAR, I spent a good 20-40 hours a week editing. Which quickly became 10-20 after a couple weeks. But still, I have spent easily 1000 hours of my life, inside the world editor to make a game. The fact that anyone would be able to break the game, change the game, or take credit for it with just as much proof as I have... Makes it not worth investing the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decision on SCII CHA   Decision on SCII CHA Empty

Back to top Go down

Decision on SCII CHA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com