Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
How does it feel EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
How does it feel EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
How does it feel EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
How does it feel EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
How does it feel EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
How does it feel EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
How does it feel EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
How does it feel EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
How does it feel EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
How does it feel I_vote_lcapHow does it feel I_voting_barHow does it feel I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
How does it feel I_vote_lcapHow does it feel I_voting_barHow does it feel I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

How does it feel

Go down 
+8
Ignaciorocks
imsofattest
Glorn2
Mikizilla
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
HLWG
Mr.Blonde
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

I just wanted to see how everyone is adjusting to not being able to see others inventories. for me personally its been a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:05 am

Well, it makes me not worry about what my opponnent has, and makes me think of what they would get on the build, which in turn helps up my theorycrafting. it also makes you watch them play, while you play, to see what skills they have, and tell if the actually have ww/ams, or if its just items/pots. But personally, i would love to see it back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:13 am

to be honest it makes me more worried about what my opponent has. it makes me spend a LOT more time looking at my opponent. i like it to be honest
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 am

Dont care lol.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 am

It's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:57 am

Quote :
Now I know, 97% of you are deathly afraid of anything that changes the way you play. It most likely is due to the fact that your mother was an alcoholic, and just didn't wanna listen to you whine as an infant; thus creating a lifelong insecurity about change and the inconsistancies of the world... however, I want you to all overcome your phobias for a second to look at this from a player skill curve viewpoint.

My opinion hasn't changed.

It has changed my playstyle though. I spend about 1/5th the time looking at my opponent. Sometimes first duel will come around, and I have no idea what hero my opponent has. However, I can also hit 8 with a single farming skill in the new edit now. Maybe the two are linked?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 am

3% vs 97% ... seems overly optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:14 am

its true i don't spend half the time i used to inspecting the enemy hero, which helps me hit 7.5 for the first duel. not to mention its less nerve wracking trying to keep up with enemy items when you can't see them at all.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:02 pm

it affects me literally none because i dont pay attention to you guys anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 pm

fattest no body likes you
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:25 pm

i think it makes the game even more challenging, which in turn makes it more fun. Before, by looking at your opponent's items, you could get an idea as to what they were working up to get(i.e. the immortal items) and you could maybe work on a counter. Now, you dont know jack.
Like some people have said, you might spend less time looking at your opponent now and be able to get to lvl 8 on first fuel. But then again, you might also look at them more to try to guess what spells and items they MIGHT be using. I prefer not being able to see my opponent's items; it makes the game(as I said before) more challenging.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Really the only thing this changes is the fact that you know iff your opponent has spell resistance. Which you should always assume they do anyways. And B) If they started with Bombs, which you can still tell by the stats. And C) If they have potions for the duels, which you should again always assume that they do.

The only thing that this changes is it makes it incredibly painful for tryouts/Grunt tests and training. That that really only affects me, yeti and Glorn. And maybe Glorn will make a seperate map that allows us to see the items for those occassions.

Other than that, its actually a benefit. No longer can item builds be ripped off and the sort.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 pm

its not that dude, its about getting items with ww, mana burn, supersonic ring, game breaking, healing set, mana set etc items... like mid game bomb raids and gems you really can't tell what strategy your enemy is building up to if you cant see what they are building
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:03 pm

plus it makes ams pots a lot stronger.

i learned how to count and add recently so i would check pot amounts and use my minor nukes till i knew ams was out and then blasted them with my ult nuke for max damage, now its much harder to do.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Quote :
i learned how to count and add recently

lawl.

And again, any of the items you mentioned are found out the duel after. Do they mysteriously gain a short avatar? Then they have super sonic. Did they all of a sudden gain a big healand +100 all stats? Then they got eternal set. You should be ready for the mana steal from any good intel player anyways.

Not being able to see exactly what strategy your opponent is build does make the game harder, more challenging, and furthermore gives the rookies/pubs/up and comers a nice edge over us. We are actually sitting here bitching because the game is being made more challenging? Maybe it just me, but challenge is good. This same debate happened when the cooldowns were removed from the skill shops. Then it happened again when the priviledge of viewing your enemies hero before the game was taken out. But ultimately, both made the game better, because it made us think more, it made us work harder for victory.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Well tbh the heros thing kind of pissed me off not so much that it happen but when I pick my hero I got clan members on my team asking me what heros they picked. Sorry asshole num nuts I dont cheat go fuck yourselfs. The item thing doesnt bug me at all. Really this benefits the likes of me a lot because I never play under the same alais for more then 5 days.
Back to top Go down
SlvrSrfr
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
SlvrSrfr

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm

I'd like to be able to see my teamates items at least. A lot of the games i play are pub games and i'll have teamates asking for helping on items or how to be better. If i could see what they have (or dont have) it could make it easier for me to help them out and thus the team out in a duel. If they are trying to make an item it would also be easier for me to tell them what peices they need left instead of the whole list of items (i.e. immortal items). Maybe this could be a type of mode where you can turn it on or off what items you see.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:13 pm

it has been said 7-15 times already; but for those who have missed it, "This is a 1 click game mechanic. I can set it to true of false, and it affects everyone!"

If I could simply make it a mode that could be removed, or to only work on opponents, then I would. However, it doesn't work like that, because blizzard doesn't want it to work like that.

Any ally worth teaching will figure out a way to say "I have an avengers mail" when you ask, "What item did you start with?"

Really, it will force players to ASK before they can give advice. Nothing is more annoying, in my opinion, than an idiot pub telling allies to do retarded things; because their shitty build has beaten 47 pubs, and their level 11, 650-1143 record is all pro.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm

idk i dont like it
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

i agree 100% with epic
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 am

Glorn2 wrote:
it has been said 7-15 times already; but for those who have missed it, "This is a 1 click game mechanic. I can set it to true of false, and it affects everyone!"

Really, it will force players to ASK before they can give advice. Nothing is more annoying, in my opinion, than an idiot pub telling allies to do retarded things; because their shitty build has beaten 47 pubs, and their level 11, 650-1143 record is all pro.

I would drop that last point if I was you. Most know it alls never look at inventory or items and will blindly say get this get that and wont go any further then that. Also for the record I have more respect for a player who has 650-1143 then I do for a level 11 player who has 255-0. One saves even when they lose and stays regardless of whomever wins. He will learn and get better from this experience. The other sometimes is the type that quits when things go wrong and only saves when they end a game with a 11-0 score. This type of player usually plays the same build over and over and learns little to nothing. The ladder is more likely to give bad advice. Sorry I've done it again took things out of complex but again putting a stop to myths. Really not being able to see inventory makes it a little harder to learn from entering the game blindly. I know they can ask but between the amount of time it took to ask, and the amount of time it took for them to answer, you could wind up having a harder time creeping as your going to fall behind in levels with the late start. I checked though and you can see inventory in the replays so I suppose they can learn that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How does it feel Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does it feel   How does it feel Empty

Back to top Go down

How does it feel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com