Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Basic Stuff EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Basic Stuff EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Basic Stuff EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Basic Stuff EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Basic Stuff EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Basic Stuff EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Basic Stuff EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Basic Stuff EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Basic Stuff EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Basic Stuff I_vote_lcapBasic Stuff I_voting_barBasic Stuff I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Basic Stuff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Basic Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Basic Stuff   Basic Stuff EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 pm

On the forum we have developed a culture... and some of us have forgotten that we also have some unwritten rules.

If someone posts a question, answer AND provide a reason.

If someone asks a question about a mechanic don't make something up... if you aren't sure put what you think and say you aren't sure.

If you are ever in doubt if something is rude keep it to yourself.

If you are just going to engage in personal attacks that aren't funny to the other person stfu.

If you post a build or an idea, accept the negative criticism. Most people if they see something good and have nothing to correct will not put a comment. If people see something bad they are trying to HELP you.

and the last rule

triple post as much as you can it pisses glorn off
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Basic Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Stuff   Basic Stuff EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 pm

although i agree that everyone should take this into consideration, if this is a response to what h did recently i think its a bit of an overkill. most posts on the forum have some kind of reasoning behind them. i also think the post that glorn and my first response might have been misleading into making people think it was a vote rather than a discussion :/
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Basic Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Stuff   Basic Stuff EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 pm

its not directed at him... but just as a general trend of the people who are "in the clan" that im encountering more and more on forum vent and channel...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Basic Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Stuff   Basic Stuff EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:33 pm

I agree with charge, and dont feel like this was made because of H's post. IMO, single word answers are the least important things on that list.

It is an annoyance though, to see that 4 people will post "yes" after someone asks if crits stack. And 1 idiot will say "no" but none of them will post a reason. Generally, THAT pisses me off. Sometimes, a 1 word answer is fine, like if someone asks if tidal rush hits avatar, and you say "yeah" that is okay. however, it would be better to include that it is still reduced by spell damage reduction.

the vent thing I am sure is directly related to territo; who A) will never shut up, and B) is insulted when he doesnt deserve it, and C) Will never shut up, and D) is rudely insulted when he does deserve it, and E) Still, will never shut up. some things said are funny, and everyone laughs. some things said are just rude. Sometimes people need to just shut up.

The mechanics thing, is so very true... Because of the handful of posts that have been "Proven game mechanics" and posted as so, and then found out to be completely wrong. however, sometimes things do seem to work in a specific way, and can be misleading into thinking it is a permenent set of data. Other times, people are just stupid and opinionated. the latter is worse.

For the build board, charge makes a very good point. We have gotten better lately though. A new guy posted his first build, and I was glad to see that no one tore him apart and called him a noob, but rather explained to him a few things that could really improve his build, and the reasoning why. With newer players, it is silly to drop a ton of game mechanics on someones head and call their build worthless; they wont want to come back. however, if someone comes on claiming to be the best player in the history of the world because they picked death strike... Well, try to be as funny as possible while you tear their build apart.

Also, the build board is a place where I dont really care about 1 liners if they are, "I tried this build, it is pretty good" and I try to be optomistic towards decent builds. But yeh know, when grunts post builds, I tear it apart with game mechanics. so, I guess I am a bad role model.

Another annoyance, which is my fault, is people who think my style of play is the best. I teach a lot of people how to play, and various builds, based on the way I play. this creates people who favor builds like mine, item builds like mine, and strats like mine. I think it was yeti who pointed out, that he didnt like playing with a lot of the grunts, because it was like playing a bunch of mini-me's. I post a lot on the forum, and I play a lot. that does not make my builds or play styles the best. they work for me, because it is how I have always played. I use ranged int based around early and mid game. That is my safe zone. That doesnt mean that those are the only types of builds! Konny was always OP with STR, and fats with AGI. HST plays full late game builds; and does good with them because he knows how to level fast and avoid ganks. Sooo, stop copying me!

/end rant
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Basic Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Stuff   Basic Stuff EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

lets just be honest playing against fats makes people wanna rage quit.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content